Tuesday, February 14, 2012

D.I.Y.

I dont know how true this is, but I've heard often that girls start off with the independence thing much faster than boys do. I don't know what it's like to have a son obviously but for her, she was never very advanced in terms of speaking. In fact, I was starting to get quite concerned until one day she came home just talking. Gibberish with actual words threw in and since then, she surprises me with a new word and full phrases each day. But she definitely was quick in terms of balance and just "getting it". We are currently at a "I can do it myself" phase. We've been at this phase for well, ever, it seems. It's frustrating to no end when we're pressed for time and little-miss-do-it-myself is busy trying to get her own shoes on. On the wrong feet. Or she starts to have a mini melt down bc she can't fully get how the zipper on her jacket works. Wearing her sunglasses, albeit, upside down - But when she gets it, the pride in herself is unmistakable and it's worth being a little late to get out the door. I just have to remind myself of it when it's actually happening.













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment