Saturday, March 20, 2010

Psycho Mom

You know those moms who can't leave their babies with anyone (including their own husbands) for an extended amount of time or those moms who are unwilling to make plans that are adult only or the psycho mom with watery eyes at just the thought of being apart from their babies? Yeah, I am THAT mom. My dearest friend and hubs planned me a surprise to enjoy what turned out to be a gorgeous day, to be pampered, to be an adult again, and while I was (still am) very grateful for it, I was itching to get home. I was upset that I was leaving earlier than I initially planned, which meant I was coming home later. Leaving the house, I was all jittery and even while out, every baby stroller, every baby, every baby store we passed, left me feeling guilty that I could have taken my Squirmy to the park instead of selfishly spending the day without her (if you told me even during the last stretch of my pregnancy that this is the kind of mommy I would become, I would have laughed at you and called you nuts). As soon as I got home, I scooped her up and cuddled in bed with her until she fell asleep telling her how sorry mommy was for leaving her. She was with the hubs, her father, for crying out loud! Yeah, and I lost every bit of nerve. I don't question her well being when she's being taken care of by the hubs because he's great with her. It's all me. I. am. crazy. She's fine. I'm not. She doesn't need me there all of the time as long as she is with someone who will feed her, change her diaper and play with her. I need her because when she's not with me, I get panicky. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time today. A great time. I really did. I was gone all of six hours. Still, that is not going to happen again any day soon. Seriously....

Thursday: Since everyone's been commenting on how I've "pink-ed" her up too much...
but I don't think she liked being labeled "pint-sized". She wasn't in a good mood for the better part of the day wearing this....

Friday, daddy had a morning golf date , but was home early enough to have brunch with mommy and baby!


Then today, this was me clutching on to baby when I should have been out the door...

*Sniffle* That is the last time I ever mention I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment