Thursday, March 4, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

Okay, so it turns out Squirmy is big for her age group. Height and weight, both. BUT, the doctor said she's in perfect proportion. If she were lighter, she'd be underfed for her length and if she were shorter, she'd be considered chunky (-er). SO THERE! I am so totally, utterly, helplessly in love with this little creature. All mine. Chunky or not.






A friend of mine said to me the other day something along the lines of, "Life is too short to be unhappy about other people". She was referring to someone and some event going on in her life currently. And following that comment, she said, "I'd rather choose to accept [name of person] and what said person does, for what it is". All it took for her to feel that way was the sole fact that the other person needs her. That put me to shame a bit. I am one to shave off the things/people that do not fit into my life because, well, they do not fit. I find it to be a waste of energy and time. Like fitting a puzzle piece that doesn't belong in the completed picture. Instead, my friend chooses to accept the way certain things are for the simple fact that they just are. These are the qualities I very much lack that I hope my Squirmy will learn from others in our lives. Thanks, pal. Literally, and well, even a bit sarcastically (for making me a little ashamed of myself).

1 comment:

  1. Whatever it is you're ashamed of (altho I don't think you have a reason to be), you can be dang proud that you made that bundle of joy up there. =)

    ReplyDelete