Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Break

I have not crawled into bed at 10pm without some "oh wait - I forgot to do xyz" in a long time where before I know it, it's hours past my bed time goal. It has been a really long time. There are some nights that I'll fall asleep with the Bean as I am putting her to sleep, but I hardly ever remain asleep through the night with her, in her room and those naps usually screw me for the next day. But tonight? The clock reads 10:20PM, my lights are out, and there certainly are things I have not yet gotten around to finishing up tonight and you know what? I don't care. I haven't said that and meant it in a long time either. The anal retentive in me doesn't usually allow for this kind of behavior - the dishes from dinner undone or the hairs I saw on the bathroom floor, but you know what, they'll be there in the morning and this feels so glorious - I actually don't care. Well, maybe a little, but I'm going to sleep anyway in my do nothingness state of mind! So. Totally. Awesome.





1 comment:

  1. That's probably the coolest tool I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete