Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 3

Happy Mommy's Day to all the super moms out there. That's right - all moms are super moms even if you suck at it. I know I do because it's the hardest damn job in the world to do. This about says it all:




But you know, it's one of the things in life that also makes me stronger and happier and extremely grateful. I say it often and it's because I feel it often - it truly is the biggest blessing in my life to have this little person call me mommy. It makes my heart soar and break and melt and tear all at the same time. It is my third Mother's Day and while I am still a rookie, I am a far different person I was those 3 years ago and there isn't one thing in this world I would trade for the heartbreak and hardship of motherhood. That one word "mommy" - defines my life. It defines me. It defines everything I wish to stand for and it magnifies everything I lack and strive to be. It isn't a day to be celebrated because Hallmark says so. It's my everyday simply because she exists. Yes - I bitch. I moan. I complain. I cry. I break and I vent but the core of it doesn't change. That I love every moment of her deliciousness and I'm beyond lucky that she chose me to call mommy.

(Liberty Science Center - check)
















(Fear Factor, anyone?)















(Crabhouse - check)




(3rd Mother's Day - check)












I owe a great deal of it to you, J - for bringing great people into my life to share it with and also the cutest little people too. For that, I am inclined to take your crap. Now forward over those pictures from Saturday thank you kindly (poor planning perhaps but in that the day has come and gone and the burnt out exhaustion of it dulled out - I'm not sure I'd have changed anything. Maybe a little less traffic would've been nice but it'll be a fond memory for me - for a long, long time to come).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment