Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Peek At The Future

Nights, after she's asleep, and it's quiet around the house is when I do the most pondering. That and cleaning. Usually both. Lately I've just been contemplating the next 2 to 5 to 10 years of my life. What will I be doing? Where will I be working? How much will I be making and what will it be worth a decade down the line? How do I maximize it? How do I grow from here? What is my capacity? What's my limit? I love my current company. It has been and is a great place for flexibility and leniency - something I feel I cannot be without as a parent. I also know many companies are not so family oriented and much less accommodating. With that said, there isn't any room for growth. I am what I am and I will always be just that because we are such a small firm. At the age I am now, it works very well. I'm not too young to be irresponsible about my job. I'm young enough to be quick to pick up on new systems to be efficient. But at 35? Or at age 40? There will be many younger after me willing to work for much less pay who have much less baggage. That's just a fact. Especially for women, you are and become something of a liability. Childbearing age is a liability. Age in itself is a liability. This brings me to the above noted questions - what can I do that can mean a little more security and a little more permanency than just a means to make a living. I want to make my own mark of sorts. For the Bean obviously, but for myself as well. I'm a mom. Not dead ya know?







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment