Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oh Sweetness

Social maturity, I believe is the term some use. We're sitting down to eat dinner and she was happy and bubbly one minute, and the next thing I know, I'm looking down at her little mouth quivering, with tears glistening in her almond shaped eyes. I have no idea why the sudden sadness when I only walked away to get her a fork. I lean down and ask, "Baby, what's the matter? What happened?" and she points at the TV. On it is a little girl crying. She is reacting to the little girl's crying and welling up with tears in her own little eyes. I about squeezed the sweetness out of my little girl. It sounds rather insignificant now trying to verbally recapture a feeling, but it was one of those "had to be there" moments.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment